[BlueOnyx:01922] Re: [Detected Spam? ->] Dreadfully long wait -enablequota.sh

Hans Draaisma hans at netvictory.nl
Wed Aug 5 16:54:21 -05 2009

Yes, what Tony said, but also make sure that if your sever has sata disks
that they are not running in ata mode. I had that once with a supermicro
machine and install+enablequota took loooooong.....
If you see your disks called sda, sdb etc you are fine. If you see hda, hdb
etc (and using sata disks) then your not running the disks in native sata
mode and i/o performance to the hd's will be very poor.

Hans Draaisma

  _____