[BlueOnyx:01926] Re: SSL not working on VSite

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona rodrigo at xnet.com.mx
Wed Aug 5 18:06:20 -05 2009

Hi,

This is a post I placed on the Bluequartz List.

Its for a godaddy certificate and not thawte,

It might help you get going

HTH

Rodrigo O
Xnet

=============

Hi john,

I managed to install a godaddy certificate 2 years ago, without touching
that file  (/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl_perl.conf)

I do recall making a single file out of 2 or more files (prety much joining
them)

I logged in to godaddy to check for the old instructions.

I f you made it past the certificate request generation and received a
certificate from godaddy you are pretty much done, just place the crt files
on the correct directories and it will work.

I have 3 Files at
/home/sites/www.yourdomainwithsslproblems.com/certs

certificate
key
request

These 3 files contain just text.

The only problem was to actually generate the certifiate request, but it
seem as you are through that part.

Normally you would use the GUI to install the certificate , however in my
case I had to copy the files to this location

II)And I think the file that did the trick is called ca-bundle.crt

I think I downlaoded it from godaddy. I can send it over if you want. the
file is at

/usr/share/ssl/certs

is is called  ca-bundle.crt