[BlueOnyx:01947] Re: ASP server on BlueOnyx

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Aug 7 06:44:35 -05 2009

enid vx wrote:
> Hi, to all
> On my BlueQuartz server I've installed ASP server from Nuonce package
> BQ-5102R-ChiliSoft-ASP-4.0.pkg,
> but when I try to install it on my BO machine from the web GUI, it says
> that it is not supported (not for this kind of server).
>
> How can I install this feature, is there another package similar to this
> one?

Right, because it's a BlueQuartz package and you're trying to install on
BlueOnyx.   That won't work.  (There are a few exceptions, but their
long-term viability is not at all guaranteed).

Chilisoft ASP later became Sun Active Server Pages, which has been
discontinued.   http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/

You might have some luck with Apache::ASP which runs as a Perl module.
  But if we have a site that requires a Windows server, we just place it
on one of our Windows boxes... just seems to run most efficiently like that.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services