[BlueOnyx:02076] Sendmail not restarting after site addition

User Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Wed Aug 12 22:58:17 -05 2009

I have observed a slight problem. When I add a new vsite and put in a couple
of aliases for the email other than the www.somesdomain.com that it normally
accepts eg. mail.somdoamain.com and just somedomain.com. They don't seem to
work, I get reject=550 5.7.1 <user at somedomain.com>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required

I mucked about for half an hour adding and deleting the entries, greping the
virtusertable for the entries, looking for typos etc. then I finallly tried
a /etc/init.d/sendmail restart and that fixed the problem

Any ideas why the changes didn't take effect without a sendmail restart?

- Ernie.