[BlueOnyx:02104] Re: wordpress question??

Dax A. Morgan dax.morgan at charter.net
Thu Aug 13 18:19:06 -05 2009

Sorry for the previously incomplete message:

This is a known issue with the WordPress auto update. Ocasionally it is a
chown / chmod fix but often it cannot be addressed that way. Try deleting
the ./wp_content/update folder and running the auto update again. If that
fails, you will most likely have to download, unpack and install the update
manually. Do not forget to backup your WordPress folder and your databases.
I began encountering this problem with WordPress 2.6.0 update and it now
occurs on all three WordPress sites that I have as of 2.8.3.

There are multiple pages in the support section at http://wordpress.org/
that might help you further, but I did not have much success getting the
auto update to work past 2.6.0.

-Dax A. Morgan

dax.morgan at charter.net