[BlueOnyx:02109] Re: disk usage stopped calculating

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 14 05:08:23 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> There is more on this now.
> If any user other than admin attempts to log in, this is what you get in
> the browser:
>
> Warning:
> unlink(/usr/sausalito/ui/style/trueBlue.xml.compiled.577990a495b39df9cfbe37
>b9c834ad4a)
>
> [function.unlink]: Permission denied in
> /usr/sausalito/ui/libPhp/uifc/Stylist.php on line 352

The file /usr/sausalito/ui/style/trueBlue.xml.compiled.* should be owned by
UID "apache" and GID "apache". The regular XML files are owned by root:root.

Please check the UID and GID and let me know who owns them now.

The compiled styles are generated dynamically by the GUI. You can safely
delete the compiled styles, as they will be re-created whenever they're needed
and they then should be re-created automatically with UID "apache" and GID
"apache".

> If anybody has some words of wisdom, I'm all ears.   I'm all out of
> ideas as to why the permissions would have gotten so torqued.

There is something else to check. If the styles are not automatically re-
created with UID "apache" and GID "apache", but something else, then this
could mean that the GUI's CCEwrap is shot.

ls -la /usr/sausalito/bin/ccewrap
-rwsr-x--- 1 root apache 62028 Aug  7 10:14 /usr/sausalito/bin/ccewrap

Check if yours has the above permissions and ownerships. Note that the GID
must be "apache" and this binary must have 4750 permissions. CCEwrap is (sort
of) the the "helper" that allows the web interface (which runs as unprivileged
user "apache") to perform transactions as "root" on the system. Its built in
security mechanisms make it safe to be setuid-root, so that it's able to do
what it's supposed to do.