[BlueOnyx:02176] Mailbox owner changed to 501

Phil Hamer phil at magma-group.co.uk
Sun Aug 23 09:21:26 -05 2009

Hi Guys.

I tried to log into squirelmail today and although the login was successful
squirellmail was unable to display the mailbox (permission denied).

Maillog showed

stat(/home/.sites/28/site1/.users/77/phil/mail/.imap/INBOX) failed:
Permission denied

I navigated to the directory phil and ls -l showed that the owner of the
mail directory was 501 ?

I changed the ownership back to user phil1 and squirellmail now works ok.

I checked files from another user and created missing files and set
permissions as per another user.

It only seems to have affected 1 mailbox and although I have done some
serious works on the mail services I don't seem to remember changing
ownership of this folder?

If I chown a test file back to 501 an ls -l reveals SITE1-logs as the owner
(this must be user 501 on the system).

Any ideas why the ownership of this file changed?

Phil.