[BlueOnyx:02179] Re: HTTP Redirects

Ernie Aldama cpufixrman at inhomepc.com
Sun Aug 23 13:27:32 -05 2009

> I have a customer who is trying to use Redirect in an .htaccess access
> file. I have enabled FileInfo in the Web Settings GUI and restarted
> httpd, but still receive an Internetl Server Error 500 when
> the .htaccess file is present with the following line...
>
> Redirect 301 /water_removal_test.html
> http://www.sm24hr.com/water_removal.htm
>
> Can someone suggest a solution?
>
> Thanks, Robert

In the examples I've seen where this was done, you only use the 300 when
redirecting an entire site (i.e. Redirect 301 / http://new.url.here)

For redirecting a single page to a new site, try dropping the 301 in the
.htaccess file.

Ernie

Ernie Aldama
ealdama at inhomepc dot net

Bringing computer service to your home:
Virus/spyware removal, data recovery, and upgrades.