[BlueOnyx:02201] Re: No gui after CD install

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Aug 25 16:21:55 -05 2009

Hi Robb,
robb kinnin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran a fresh CD install of BX on a new server today.  Afterward, I tried to
> get the the GUI but I got a page not found error.
>
>>From the console 'admin' did not work either, in other words only root@
> worked.
>
> I was *able* to run all yum updates, 121 of them and rebooted.  I can ssh
> into the box from another workstation as well.

You might try (as root) "service admserv restart" and see if the GUI
will run.

Or if you think there may be a flaw, as long as you're starting from
scratch anyhow, you might do well to try an install.   That's a
confidence question that you will have to answer for yourself.  :)

> Thoughts are appreciated on what to try next so that I can get the GUI
> running and get the VH hosts set up along with other BX/BQ add-ons.

Be very careful about what "add-ons" you install.  If it's from
BlueQuartz, don't do it!   This list is littered with people who make
the mistake of trying to recycle a 3 year old Nuonce package into the BX
platform.   It usually ends quite badly.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services