[BlueOnyx:02255] Re: /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsImport.pl

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Aug 29 19:07:52 -05 2009

Hi Gerald,

> Excuse the long example of my dnsimport errors
> But, any idea why this happens?
>
> Importing cakesbyalicia.com from ;; connection timed out; no servers could
> be reached as secondary
> Error2:$VAR1 = {
>           '0' => {
>                    'masters' => '"[[base-cce.invalidData]]"'
>                  }
>         };

Yeah. dnsImport.pl runs "dig" on some information gathered during the import
to verify the primary nameserver for secondary records.

The error above indicates that the connection to the nameserver timed out and
that the "dig" command couldn't be run.

Fix: Add a working DNS server to your /etc/resolve.conf when importing DNS
records.

Additionally: We just released an updated "dns-toolbox" which fixes plenty of
issues. So please try that one instead.