[BlueOnyx:03006] cmuExport/cmuImport

enid vx enidv11 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:28:37 -05 2009

Hello to all,

I have a nuonce BlueQuartz server (installed with the installation cd
Nu-CentOS-BQ-4.8.iso) and in another new server installed BlueOnyx
(installed with the installation cd BlueOnyx-5.3-20090801.iso).

At the first export from the BQ and import to the BO everything went
fine, and all virtual sites, users, etc were created ok.

After some time when the BQ server was updated by different site
admins, I decided to do another cmuExport/cmuImport to the new BO
server,
but in this case I had all the sites existing in the BO and there were
some problems with
1- the virtual users and
2- system users

and the script cmuImport asking me for every users (to resolve
dependecies) to modify it/delete it/drop/quit. I've responded to all
of them letting them as they were.

So the question: is this a problem, and how can I make another
cmuImport with the new exported sites in the existing BO?

This is somehow an update process that I want to make , to leave the
two servers in the same state with the same data.
Is it possible to restore (with cmuImport) all the sites data in the
existing BO or should I cmuImport only in a clean installation.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Enid