[BlueOnyx:03036] Re: Troubleshooting lockups/crashes

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Dec 7 17:58:10 -05 2009

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:
> We'll see what happens.  My eyes are quite cross-eyed now that I have spent
> all day reading and searching.  The joys of ownership. :-)

Try owning a 10,000SF datacenter and get back to me on the joy.  LOL...
This is why the last thing I want to do when I get home is futz with
computers or help the in-laws with their Windows issues!  :)

The Active Monitor for the network connection has always struck me as
curious.  After all, if your box loses connectivity wouldn't:
A) you know about it pretty quickly, and;
B) an email alert to tell you it can't reach the network be pretty futile?

<shrug>

Now that your colocation facility has hooked you up with a remote power
unit you can reboot remotely if you get stuck again.   But hopefully you
won't have to use it.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services