[BlueOnyx:03077] Re: Virtual Host Permission

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 10 19:09:16 -05 2009

Hi Dr. Blunt,

> Essentially I am trying to run a php script as a cron job from the command
> line. These errors below show when manually running the php script. Is
> php.ini blocking me? I turned Safe Mode Off logged in as ROOT and am still
> getting these errors. Should I post the php.ini here so you can view it?~~
> David.
>
> PHP Warning:  parse_ini_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
> File(/home/.sites/28/site1/config/rater.ini) is not within the allowed
> path(s): (/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/)

There is an error in your /etc/php.ini.

Edit /etc/php.ini and find the line that starts with "open_basedir =". It
should be near the end of the file.

Change it to this:

open_basedir = /home/:/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/share/squirrelmail/

Then restart Apache:

/etc/init.d/httpd restart

That should fix the problem.