[BlueOnyx:03123] Re: php error

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Thu Dec 17 12:25:42 -05 2009

I understand the admonition, really I do.  But when I say it is confusing, I
mean that if the entry at PHP.net had said:

"In order to have safe_mode_gid operate correctly, safe_mode must be set to
'On' as well as safe_mode_gid."

That would have removed the ambiguity.

As it is, myself as well as others have concluded, whether incorrectly or
not, that if you want to relax safe_mode to a GID compare, then enable
safe_mode_gid instead.  Otherwise, there would be no references on Google
that show where people have safe_mode disabled and safe_mode_gid enabled.

But, I suspect no one at PHP.net cares, since they have deemed Safe Mode a
joke and have deprecated it.