[BlueOnyx:00440] Re: Timeline spam

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 2 20:13:10 -05 2009

Hi Chris,

> Just a FYI,
>
> The timeline appears to be getting injected with spam links.
>
> http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/timeline
> http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/ticket/33 (for example)

Yeah, that's one of the drawbacks of Trac. The ticket system doesn't have a
SPAM protection. Either you allow unregistered users to submit tickets (and
get SPAM'ed), or you only allow registered users to submit tickets. But as
there is no self registration feature, this is impractical.

So far I marked about two dozen SPAM tickets as "invalid". But then they still
show up in the timeline.

As a work around I just installed a Trac plugin that allows to delete tickets
from the database. So the timeline is "clean" again.