[BlueOnyx:00475] Re: Webmail to Squirrelmail?

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Feb 9 17:55:12 -05 2009

Ken Marcus - Precision Web Hosting, Inc. wrote:
> [...]

Yes, we've seen this on 550-BQ, BQ->BQ, and now BQ->BX transfers.   For
whatever reason the mbox or mail/saved-messages files don't make it intact.

What we do when we see that happen is to manually copy the mbox or
mail/saved-messages (depending on if they've been POP'ing or IMAP) over
from the old server to the new one, then combining the files.

Quick & dirty procedure:
1) Copy old file to new server, rename old file (ie: mbox-xfer)
2) Move the old file to the users directory
(ie: mv mbox-xfer /home/sites/www.domain.tld/users/jpublic )
3) cd into the user directory
4) Append the old file to the new one
(ie: cat mbox-xfer >> mbox )
Make sure you use the 2 > in there or else you'll overwrite the new one
and wipe out whatever new mail has been stored.

HTH,

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services