[BlueOnyx:00498] Re: Slow FTP login

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Wed Feb 11 13:10:35 -05 2009

> My new BlueOnyx box is very slow logging in FTP.
>
> I remember (vaguely) this being a problem with BQ once after a yum update
> but I can't remember the solution and have trawled through the archives
> without success.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin

Add entries like the following (UseReverseDNS, IdenLookups) to your
/etc/proftpd.conf and see if it fixes things. The following is copy/paste of
the top part of my config file so you can see where they live in reference
to other settings.

# This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file (rename it to
# 'proftpd.conf' for actual use.  It establishes a single server
# and a single anonymous login.  It assumes that you have a user/group
# "nobody" and "ftp" for normal operation and anon.

ServerName                      "ProFTPD C2"
ServerType                      inetd
DeferWelcome                    off
DefaultServer                   on
DefaultRoot                     / wheel
DefaultRoot         / admin-users
DefaultRoot                     ~/../../.. site-adm
DefaultRoot                     ~ !site-adm
UseReverseDNS                   off
IdentLookups                    off