[BlueOnyx:00503] Re: Slow FTP login

Klein Joachim j.klein at ibusiness.at
Wed Feb 11 13:59:58 -05 2009

Hy to the List!

I have had the problem on a BQ-Box installed with nuonce.net-CD.
The fix for the problem was:

edit /etc/xinet.d/proftpd with the following (make BACKUP!!! of the file)

==================
# default: off
# $Id: proftpd-xinetd,v 1.1 2004/02/26 17:57:39 thias Exp $
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
# Modified by; NuOnce Networks, Inc.

service ftp
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.proftpd
        log_on_success          += DURATION
        nice                    = 10
        disable                 = no
        instances = 80