[BlueOnyx:00523] Re: Boot BX installer from USB memory key?

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Sat Feb 14 09:23:45 -05 2009

David Thacker wrote; Friday, February 13, 2009 5:07 PM

> I can now boot the server from that USB key, but when I start the
BlueOnyx
> installer, it's reporting that it cannot locate the
> cdrom:/ks/kickstart.cfg file.  I understand why, because there is no
cdrom
> device, but I am wondering how to proceed from this point to perform
the
> install.

> It seems this USB key is mounted as /dev/sdc1, and the 2 hard drives
are
> sda1 and sdb1.

> Can I convince the BX installer to install from the mounted USB key
> somehow, or am I just spinning my wheels here?

I have no idea if this will work, but it may...
At the boot prompt enter

  linux ks=hd:sdc1/kickstart.cfg
or
  linux ks=hd:sdc1/ks/kickstart.cfg

Not sure, but you may have to edit the kickstart.cfg file.
line that 11 that reads cdrom...

Gerald