[BlueOnyx:00547] Curious re-direct behavior when creating a site www.foo.com that already exists

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Wed Feb 18 08:16:10 -05 2009

I am migrating a live site from BQ to BO - say www.foo.com.

When I create the new site in BO - and I call this site 'www.foo.com'
- even though I have not restored over any files for it yet - if I
change my local hosts file so that www.foo.com now points to the new
BO box - BO somehow still redirects me to the BQ 'live' site.

To get it to work, have to change the site domain to bo.foo.com.

But I would really like to keep the www.foo.com folder structure in /
Sites/ because it's just easier for people to know what is what.

I guess I could use bo.foo.com now, and then when we switch, change
the domain back to www.foo.com - but this is a bit of a pain.

I could muck about with the httpd.conf - or site file - but that's a
bit messy - especially for a lot of sites.

Has anyone noticed this behavior before?

Any easy way to get round it?

Cheers,

Jeff