[BlueOnyx:00594] Email problems - 554 554 5.0.0 rewrite: excessive recursion

Mark Jaggers mark at 3dogstreet.com
Fri Feb 20 21:54:48 -05 2009

I just moved my sites over from a bluequartz server to a blueonyx server and
since then I have been having problems with email.  Whenever I try sending
an email to any of the users on any of the sites I have I get a bounce back
that says

554 554 5.0.0 rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify (state
13).

I have looked for various solutions and none of them have worked.  I imagine
it is a configuration issue, so any help would be appreciate.

FYI: I do have dns turned on on this machine but all my sites are pointing
to godaddy for dns.

thanks
Mark