[BlueOnyx:00602] Re: Email problems - 554 554 5.0.0 rewrite: excessive recursion

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Sat Feb 21 13:50:41 -05 2009

On Feb 21, 2009, at 11:51 AM, Mark Jaggers wrote:

> I have tried that too.  This is so frustrating.  I cannot get rid of
> that recursion error.  Some of the sites that I have on my server
> that use google as their mail server work fine it is only these ones
> that I want to use my server for email that done.
>
> I must be missing something somewhere.  I believe I have the godaddy
> dns correct.
>
> @ forward to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> www.domain.com forward to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> mail.domain.com forward to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Fine so far...

> MX @ goes to mail.domain.com

Regarding what Michael just said... I think you will also need to have
"mail.domain.com" in the e-mail server alias for this to work. In
GoDaddy, I generally just have the following as a MX:

MX @ goes to domain.com

again... "domain.com" is entered into the e-mail alias section of site
management.