[BlueOnyx:00608] Problem with email and ftp

Lars Renger Blueonyx at larsi.de
Sun Feb 22 05:35:06 -05 2009

Hello List,

we have also problems with email and some with the ftp-server.

The daily log tells us the following:

---
dovecot:
    Unknown Entries:
       session closed for user <username>: 24 Time(s)
       session opened for user <username> by (uid=0): 24 Time(s)
---

When I try to access the siteadmin with the <username> everything is
fine. The webmail is also working fine. But when the user tries to
access his mail-account by pop3 he gets the error the password would
be wrong...
Deleting and re-adding the user doesn't change anything.

I read through the maillist-archive, but can't find anything to this
problem.
Has this anything to do with the flat password user-database solution
or has the user-database problem been resolved in the recent iso?

And besides this we get about 40 times the following in the log:

---
warning: "ProFTPD" address/port (<BX IP>:21) already in use by
"ProFTPD server"
---

The IP of the BX server is not configured at any other server, so
something seems to be wrong with my settings.

The BX server has been installed last weekend with the
installation-iso from 2009/02/12.

TIA,
Lars.