[BlueOnyx:01594] Re: Vmware

Jeff Keller jeff at datatune.com
Mon Jul 6 11:50:29 -05 2009

Running VM'd servers gives us faster deployment times (replicating images),
better disaster recovery options (the hardware is abstracted, so I can move
a VM from a Dell to an HP to an IBM server without any change in the server
config) and it allows us more efficient use of the hardware.

There are many other benefits (and a few liabilities), but those are the
reasons we virtualize our servers on ESX.

Once your Hypervisor is configured, installing Bx (and managing it) is no
different than on a physical server.

JK