[BlueOnyx:01635] Majordomo vulnerable to spam?

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Sat Jul 11 09:11:19 -05 2009

Hi,

I notice that the revision of majordomo on BO is:
# $Source: /sources/cvsrepos/majordomo/majordomo,v $
# $Revision: 1.88 $
# $Date: 1997/08/27 14:55:29 $
# $Author: cwilson $
# $State: Exp $

I believe this version of majordomo is vulnerable to spam, for an
explanation see http://www.casano.com/majordomo/

That page also leads to a recenter version of majordomo (1.95) that is
not vulnerable: http://www.casano.com/majordomo/majordomo

I have this version of majordomo running on bluequartz since January 2006
with no problems. Before that, I did had the spam problem.

Perhaps it is a good idea to replace the majordomo version of BO with this
1.95 version in the repository?
--
Maurice de Laat