[BlueOnyx:01653] Re: 5106Radjust.pl seems to hang

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 12 07:38:13 -05 2009

Hi Maurice,

> What does 5106Radjust.pl do? Apparently is being called by cmuImport.

Each server type that CMU supports has its differences and a CMU dump from a
RaQ4 looks different than one from an XTR, RaQ550, BlueQuartz or BlueOnyx. In
particular there are different "key" and "value" pairs in the XML files of
their dumps. Some config switches are named differently on different
platforms, others don't exist at all.

The "adjust" scripts of CMU make the necessary adjustments so that a CMU dump
from a different platform can be imported.

The script 5106Radjust.pl in for example makes sure that differences between
BlueQuartz CMU dumps and BlueOnyx CMU dumps are "evened out".

5106Radjust.pl checks if a user or site is suspended, fixes the "reply-to"
behaviour of mailing lists and makes sure that SSL certificates for sites are
correctly imported. It doesn't perform those actions (that's the job of the
"scanin" scripts), but fixes the imported variables from the XML files.

> Today, I noticed that my server was very busy. On top of top was:
>
>   PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 17260 root      25   0  8624 6740 1952 R 45.6  0.7 156:40.89
> 5106Rconflict.p
>
> So I killed it. But does it make a logfile on its own?

No, as that script is part of CMU and CMU warnings, errors and info messages
only appear on the console or are logged into /home/cmu/cmu.log

5106Radjust.pl itself generates only two critical error messages: If it's run
by someone other than "root" it'll stop and if it's run all by itself and not
called from within CMU it'll also die with a critical error message. Other
than that it just does it's job silently.

I don't really see a reason why this script could hang. We released an update
of CMU last night (minor fix dealing with RaQ4 imports). Possibly your CMU was
upgraded while it was running and that could potentially have caused this
problem. Let me know if it happens again.