[BlueOnyx:01699] Re: Users have too many priveledges

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 15 09:36:59 -05 2009

Hi Jeffrey,

> Don't know if anyone can help, but when we set up a new BO site and set up
> a site administrator he gets shell access to all the sites - ie he becomes
> a server wide admin.

How do they "get to see" this? By SSH? If so, enabling shell access for users
causes that. The SSH in CentOS uses no chrooted jails. Meaning: Anyone with
shell access can see a lot more than good for you or others. That is why most
people do the sensible thing and don't grant shell access to anyone.

By FTP siteAdmins only see what they're supposed to see and that's basically
all they really need.