[BlueOnyx:01789] Re: DFIX Critical Update

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Mon Jul 20 16:25:16 -05 2009

Hi Gustavo.

Personally, I am running a flat password file - and have been for a long
time. Theoretically, you can pull that line out on a Blueonyx box - but
I would still keep the other dovecot restart code in there. My box got
hammered when dovecot changed the log format. Even with the blocking
functionality turned off, the dovecot restarts helped to prevent the box
from totally spiraling out of control.

I will add a check in the next version to skip the dbrecover on Blueonyx
servers in future.

Regards,
Greg