[BlueOnyx:01860] Re: BlueOnyx Inxtall CD's

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Mon Jul 27 16:03:39 -05 2009

Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

>> IIRC, the old BlueQuartz CD's would eventually continue with a boot and
>> proceed to carpet-bomb the drive as well.
>>

> Yeah, that's correct. It's a default for Anaconda. But I'll see what I can do.
> At the worst I can possibly "divert" the automatism into booting the rescue
> mode instead of the installer.

If I remember - Brian had the idea to auto-boot the cd so that a user
could do a serial-port install for a server with no console... While I
can understand the desire to remove the auto-boot - it is sometimes
helpful in an environment without real screen/keyboard/mouse.

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
| <  o  > Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules & Support.    |