[BlueOnyx:01897] Re: Blueonyx Digest, Vol 7, Issue 62

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 31 13:34:12 -05 2009

Hi Ken,

> Yes, basically none of our businesses can scale without automatic site set
> up from the billing system.
> So we do need that; and once the sites are set up, then there has to be
> extensive help info so that customers don't have to call with questions.
>
> But, if course Michael can't do it all.

True. And personally I don't see much of an incentive of coding a WHMCS
interface into BlueOnyx. WHMCS is commercial software, although it appears to
me modestly priced for what it does. Still, buying it (in oder to see how it
works and what it does) and then coding an interface for BlueOnyx doesn't look
appealing for me.

All in all it would probably require that BlueOnyx needs an API interface that
allows a central server or instance of WHMCS to provision sites and users in
an automated fashion on any BlueOnyx that's connected to it. That API can
hardly be coded as commercial add on (and then sold separately), as it would
require changes to the core code of BlueOnyx and it would need a comprehensive
and well rounded protection against unauthorized access. So it ain't something
that would be trivial or come cheap. :o/