[BlueOnyx:01358] Re: Upgrade for raq550?

Jean Rousseau Franco stuntshell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:36:18 -05 2009

And for the reasons said below I ended it up buying a strongbolt version of
Bluequartz. That got retired last year, now there's a new system from
stronbolt that turns it into a firewall, maybe this is what I ended up
doing.

Thanks,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet <
cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com> wrote:

> Harm van Houten | United Post Production wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > Does anyone allready tried to upgrade a raq550 to BlueOnyx? And if so
> > how did you go about?
>
> Hi Harm,
> No, and probably nobody will.   Check the archives for a thread that
> begins with the message "[BlueOnyx:01242]  Blue Onyx on a Cobalt Qube
> 3?" and you'll find further discussion.
>
> The objections, in a nutshell, are:
> 1) The hardware is too slow
> 2) The ROM does not easily accept the 2.6 kernel
> 3) The widespread availability of far better hardware for low price
>
> THX,
> --
> Chris Gebhardt
> VIRTBIZ Internet Services
> Access, Web Hosting, Colocation, Dedicated
> www.virtbiz.com | toll-free (866) 4 VIRTBIZ

- Maila Networks -
Comunicação e Segurança