[BlueOnyx:01396] Re: Joomla

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 15 15:25:05 -05 2009

Tony C. Loosle wrote:
> mostly permission problems.  Can't upload themes or addons without
> getting an error.
>
> I read awhile back about chmod 777 to the web directory, but seems
> that bx does not allow this.

> > Tony C. Loosle wrote:
> >> Does anyone have a guide or help to get joomla to work on a BX
> >> Server?
> >>
> >> I am not having much luck with it.
> >>
> >> tony
> >>
> > Generally speaking the standard Joomla instructions work pretty
> > well.
> >
> > What issue are you having, Tony?   We have a BUNCH of customers
> > running Joomla sites on BX.   Mainly 1.5x, although I'm aware of
> > some old 1.0x installs still slugging along.
Well that is how you do NOT want to solve the problem!

What I would do is when you set up Joomla 1.5x, configure it with the
FTP connector so that when Joomla interacts with the server it is doing
so as the FTP user, and not as the Apache user.   I would recommend
that, in fact, no matter what your hosting platform.   Much safer than a
bunch of world-writable / world-executable directories and files running
around on your box.
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services