[BlueOnyx:01437] Re: 'On behalf of' in the address from Sendmail

Support support at etmpacific.com.au
Wed Jun 17 22:56:43 -05 2009

Michael,

Thanks for your response - after a lot more work I understood that what I
was trying to do was quite limited and as a result I did successfully
implement PHPMailer with a fallback to storing the email in MYSQL until it
could be delivered later by a cron task. This allowed me to track delivery
as required and meant that I could discard the queued email if required.

I will, at a later stage, do as you suggest and use one of the provided
links but for now it is running well and 'later on' will be for my own
education.

By the way I did add apache to '/etc/mail/trusted-users' and then did the
make to rebuild the Sendmail configuration file (and restarted Sendmail) but
that didn't seem to have any affect on the issue.

I also tested with SMTP AUTH but that didn't solve it either... but then at
that time I had tried so many things that the fallback of using the upstream
mailer was the answer.

Thanks for your help, as always it is appreciated.

Tony