[BlueOnyx:01460] Re: SSH Closes Connection

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Jun 21 10:11:36 -05 2009

Richard Sidlin wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I connect to my server via SSH, it asks for the login as: and when
> I type in the password, I get Server unexpectedly closed network
> connect. Actaully, this is a Blue Quartz box. I have never had a problem
> with this before. I have used two different usernames and both do the
> same and I have tried accessing it from different machines and still the
> same.
>
> Access to the admin GUI is fine. I have rebooted the server but this
> made no difference.

You are certain that you are using the correct usr/pwd combo?

Here is what I would try on the chance that somebody has run passwd from
the CLI:

1) Log into GUI as admin and go to Personal Profile, Account and set a
new password.

2) Log into CLI as admin using the password you jus set from the GUI.
That should let you in.

3) See if you can su - to root now using the same password.

That ought to work.   If it doesn't, I suppose you could always reboot
the box into single user mode and reset the password that way.  If the
box is in a remote datacenter you can have the datacenter staff help you
with it or if they're like us, they can provide you with an IP-KVM so
that you can reboot the box and watch it go through POST and GRUB so you
can have virtual console access to it.

HTH,
--
Chris Gebhardt