[BlueOnyx:01486] HP DL380 G3

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Wed Jun 24 11:11:59 -05 2009

I have an HP DL380 I am wanting to move to my colo space.  It is a dual
2.8Ghz Xeon box with six memory slots.

The specs are here:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11473_div/11473_div.HTML

My unit is one with a 400Mhz FSB (349201-xx1), and the specs spell out
PC2100 RAM running at 200Mhz.  On the spec page, there are two styles of the
DL380 G3: one with a 533Mhz FSB and one with a 400Mhz FSB.  The faster units
can support up to 12GB (6X2GB) in the six slots, while the slower unit (the
one I have) can support up to 6GB (6x1GB).  The HP memory kit 300680-B21,
which I found on an website, states it is 266Mhz RAM.

Two questions: Will the 266Mhz HP RAM run at 200Mhz on the slower box, and
can BlueOnyx use 6GB?  If so, how do I configure it.

I already have the box running BX with four 512MB sticks, so I'll be
replacing the four with six 1GB sticks.