[BlueOnyx:01493] OT: Looking for East Coast, USA

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Jun 24 16:43:07 -05 2009

Hey Blues,
Just as a matter of course, we keep a handful of machines running in
geographically diverse locations that we use for remote monitoring on
our main networks.

One of the providers that we were trading services with has
unfortunately been forced out of the business.   Therefore, I am looking
for somebody to replace them.

I would like to offer a trade in services if somebody on the East Coast
of the US can help.  The BlueQuartz/BlueOnyx community is typically the
first place I go in a situation like this because this is one of my
favorite online communities.

HERE IS WHAT I OFFER:
- Colocation of single server in our Dallas datacenter
- 1Mbps 95th percentile bandwidth
- /29 CIDR (8 total, 5 usable IPs)

HERE IS WHAT I REQUIRE:
- Colocation of a 1U server, relatively low wattage
- relatively low bandwidth (less than 250Kbps at 95th percentile)
- at least 3 IP addresses, prefer a private VLAN and CIDR (/29 is fine)

Our facility is a "true" datacenter (see
http://www.virtbiz.com/dcTour.php ) and I expect yours would be as well.
  In other words, multihomed (BGP with at least 2 carriers), backup
power (UPS, generator).   I'm not trying to be picky, but we can't work
with T1's, DSL, or some sort of "high speed" connection at an office
park.  ;)

I might also consider a VPS trade, but preference is for a 1:1 colo trade.

If you are interested, please contact me offlist.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services