[BlueOnyx:01523] Re: Spammers

Steve Davis steve at zio.com
Sun Jun 28 15:47:05 -05 2009

I found an IP in a mqueue file and did a grep to find that IP in the
maillog. Below is 1 of 12 of those messages. Does not say how the user
logged in. If they did at all.

Jun 28 05:48:50 raq1 sendmail[23368]: n5SAmkLY023368: from=<ifdfgbniiqxlxqhpwl at alibaba.com.cn
 >, size=1083, class=0, nrcpts=13, msgid=<JKKTRSOILLBECPMSEFVT at anime.adsldns.org
 >, bodytype=8BITMIME, proto=SMTP, daemon=MTA,
relay=124-11-194-186.dynamic.tfn.net.tw [124.11.194.186]

It looks more like this is just an attack on my server, flooding the
mail queue,. I dont see where there have been attempts to hack in, or
even log in.

How is this possible?

Steve