[BlueOnyx:01528] Re: FTP default directory

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jun 29 13:41:31 -05 2009

Hi Tjerk,

> I know the question has been here before but.. how do I make sure a
> siteadmin gets in the /web directory of the site when logging in by ftp?
> The answer was: connect to the sitename, not the servername or ip right?

Correct.

> I’m doing that but the default directory is still the user directory.
> Here’s my proftpd.conf part (have not made any changes to it)
>
> <VirtualHost [myip]>
>     DefaultRoot     / wheel
>         DefaultRoot             / admin-users
>         DefaultRoot             ~/../../.. site-adm
>         DefaultRoot             ~ !site-adm
>         AllowOverwrite  on
>         DefaultChdir            /web
>         DisplayLogin    .ftphelp
> </VirtualHost>

Yeah, that looks correct. What I have is identical to that:

<VirtualHost 192.168.10.1>
    DefaultRoot     / wheel
        DefaultRoot             / admin-users
        DefaultRoot             ~/../../.. site-adm
        DefaultRoot             ~ !site-adm
        AllowOverwrite  on
        DefaultChdir            /web
        DisplayLogin    .ftphelp