[BlueOnyx:01547] Re: E-mail and FTP problem

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona rodrigo at xnet.com.mx
Tue Jun 30 12:28:20 -05 2009

We have been using this approach succesfully for years without problems.

We have a BO(and before that a bq) that hosts the website and email is
handled by exchange servers and also lotus notes servers.

To achieve this, we found usefull to have the domain.com A record to point
to the Email server and www.domain.com A record pointing to the BO server.

Aditionally the MX record that points correctly to the A record.

At the exchange server we have a redirect html file that sends whoever
browses to domain.com to www.domain.com, some customers use this address to
publish webmail services on exchange or lotus notes.

PHP mail scripts correctly send mail to the servers every time, just have to
juggle with the antispam because mails go out as apache at serverfqdn.com just
whitelist it and youre done.

Hope it helps

Rodrigo O