[BlueOnyx:00696] Re: YUM updates available (Tony Loosle)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 4 02:41:25 -05 2009

Hi nazrin,

> my question is how to change my bluequartz pointing to blueonyx site to get
> update. is that possible ?

I already had answered that in [BlueOnyx:00691]:

---------------
Hi Nazrin,

> i have one box with bluequarzt and one with blueonyx. how can i change my
> bluequartz pointing the yum update at blueonyx site. is it ok if i'm doing
> that to my bluequartz box.

No, don't!

If you do that, things on your BlueQuartz will break - hard.

BlueOnyx requires CentOS5 as OS and we still don't provide way to upgrade a
BlueQuartz to BlueOnyx, as there is way too much that can go wrong during such
an upgrade.

To be safe, do a CMUexport on the BlueQuartz, install BlueOnyx and then do a
CMUimport to get your data back.