[BlueOnyx:00746] Re: phpMyAdmin web alias not working

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 9 22:50:09 -05 2009

Hi Charles,

> If I go to http://www.domain.com/phpmyadmin
> I get diverted to:
> http://www.domain.com/base/phpmyadmin/index.php?phpMyAdmin=6tt5546990pkjbfv
>4 8a62id0qnqjfp
> Then 404 - File not found.
>
> The http error log has only one line:
> [Mon Mar 09 20:55:00 2009] [error] [client 80.80.80.80] File does not
> exist: /home/.sites/70/site4/web/base
>
> This is the same for all hosted websites.
>
> Have I done something?

No, we changed phpMyAdmin around with the updates from yesterday:

The public URL for phpMyAdmin (i.e.: www.domain.com/phpmyadmin/ ) has been
removed entirely. We did that for security reasons.

If you still have a file called /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf, then please
delete it and restart Apache:

/etc/init.d/httpd restart

The updater should have taken care of that, but apprently not in your case.

> I can log-in via the web gui (uses
> https://www.masterdomain.com:81/base/phpmyadmin/index.php).

That's correct. That's now the preferred method. Or use the GUI, go to
"Personal Profile" and then "phpMyAdmin".

It will log you in to phpMyAdmin automatically. If you're logged in to the GUI
as "admin", then it auto-connects you with the MySQL login details that are
stored in the GUI.

Site administrators that use the GUI to login to phpMyAdmin get logged in with
the MySQL login details specified for their site.

Regular users that attempt to login to phpMyAdmin get re-directed to a
username and password prompt.