[BlueOnyx:00823] Re: Tomcat would not start

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 18 20:12:01 -05 2009

Hi TUNC,

> I have tried enabling sites with Tomcat but that did not work
>
> [root at ns1 init.d]# /etc/init.d/tomcat5 start
> Starting tomcat5: lock file found but no process running for
> pid 21948, continuing
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jdbc-stdext Java
> extension for this JVM
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jndi Java extension
> for this JVM
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not found
> for this jvm
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Could not find jaas Java extension
> for this JVM
> /usr/bin/rebuild-jar-repository: error: Some detected jars were not found
> for this jvm

Looks like some Java related RPM's were not installed in your case - for
whatever reason. That Java stuff is very heavy on its dependencies (requires
about 80-85 MB of extra RPMs), so troubleshooting this will be somewhat ugly
if done through the list - as there is plenty to check.

Suggestion: Send me the login details offlist and I'll check it out:

http://www.solarspeed.net/cart.php?page=submit_login_details