[BlueOnyx:00827] Re: Mail not importing with cmuImport

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Thu Mar 19 17:37:35 -05 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 00:29 +0100, Michael Stauber wrote:
> > User user1 has no mail spool
>
> There you got your problem!
>
> So CMU tells us that the user in question didn't have a file called
> "mbox" in
> his home directory when the export was made. It could possibly have
> been just
> as I inidcated previously: That mbox instead was a symbolic link to
> mail/saved-messages. Which is generally a bad idea as a mailbox should
> never
> ever be anything but a file.
>
> So the problem here is rather not CMU, but already started with the
> mailbox
> layout on the source server prior to the CMU export being generated.
>
> To fix this (after the child has already fallen into the well) take a
> look at
> this user's home directory and peek into mail/saved-messages. Check if
> that
> looks like his mailbox and if so, copy it to ~username/mbox. Make sure
> the
> mbox file afterwards has the UID of the user, the GID of his group
> (siteXX)
> and also that the file has "600" permissions.

Still having this issue trying to convert BQ->BO using CMU, I checked
all you mentioned above and responded yesterday. Seems the mail is
coming over fine with the tar balls, but will not export just that one
file 'mbox'.

After the cmuImport is done, I just untar the user private files and cp
the mbox into place, all good. But I'd really like to figure out the
problem before I am in dire need of getting a bunch of sites moved over
quickly. I have upgraded the source server to cmu 2.66 now matching the
BO destination and most of the errors I reported earlier now gone, but
still issue with mbox :(

Has anyone ever had this type of issue?

--
Robert