[BlueOnyx:00838] Re: YUM updates available (blueonyx-dnstools &base-email)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 20 23:16:17 -05 2009

Hi Michael,

> Sounds interesting, can you be more specific about this?

Rickard Osser created it. Here is his full description from the developers
list:
I just checked in a couple of fixes for my update of the base-email.mod
package. You can now administer secondary MX mailservers in the GUI.

i.e If you have two BO servers you can put up two MX records for each
domain pointing with high prio to the server where the mail-site is
located and a MX record with low prio pointing to the second BO machine.

Set up the mail-site as usual on the first machine, on the second
machine you go into the mail administration and choose the third tab,
secondary maildomains. Add the domain and enter the fqdn of the
mailserver.

If the mailserver has downtime or isn't available all mails for the
domain will be queued on the second machine and later on forwarded to
the mailserver.