[BlueOnyx:00918] Clam AV

Paul pcr1066 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:53:02 -05 2009

I have never installed any anti-virus on Linux! However, for email from
Windows machines have been looking at ClamAV, together with MailScanner and
Spamassassin.

Went to the Clam AV site and followed the link to Dag Wieers packages. From
here I have downloaded the RHEL5 and CentOS-5 rpm (clamav-0.95-1) Is this
the correct rpm?

(Tried yum search but no match found for both Clamav or MailScanner.)

What other packages should also be installed?

(For example clamav, clamd or other dependencies?)

Do I need to add Dag Wieers to the repositories?

What needs to be done for virtual sites?

Have people used MailScanner (Version 4.74.16-1) on BlueOnyx?

Are such RPM's best installed using the GUI or the command line?

Or perhaps there is a better way of going about this?

Thanking you for your time and consideration.

Please reply to;

pcr1066 at gmail.com

Firefox The Browser You Can Trust

 <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node&id=247353&t=324> SpreadFirefox