[BlueOnyx:01171] E-mail problem

Stuart Clark (Datacenta) stuart.clark at datacenta.net
Tue May 5 07:58:58 -05 2009

I have a site that I have setup on blueonyx that is having issues.
When I try to e-mail info at site.com it is going to the postmaster address.
To test I removed the alias for info: postmaster from /etc/mail/aliases and tested and I now receive a user unknown error. If I e-mail the user account directly without aliases it works as expected but none of the aliases are working. I have tried to remove the account and recreate but I still have the same issue.
If I create a different new account and add aliases it does work as expected.

Why would these not be working? Could it be that there is some info stored that is being reused when I delete and recreate? If so how can I remove all trace of site.com to then recreate it cleanly.

I have noticed that when I add user accounts I get proper authentication required errors on the server. If I stop and start SMTP Auth this fixes the problem until I add another account.

Regards,

Stuart
--
Stuart Clark
Systems Administrator

Tel: 01202 755 377 - Fax: 01202 755 301
www.datacenta.net - A Kimcell Company
Datacenta Hosting Ltd is a company registered in Scotland with registration number: SC208801
Registered address: Crescent House, Carnegie Campus, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8GR
VAT Number: 785629182
Charitable donations to Julia's House and Youth Cancer Trust were made in 2008 in lieu of sending Christmas cards.
Think before you print! Save paper - do you really need to print this email?