[BlueOnyx:01282] Re: Help with roindcube-webmail

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at bluapp.com
Fri May 22 13:39:27 -05 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 07:06 +0200, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Soeren,
>
> > But how about the login issue - i will like for the user to enter only
> > login & password, and not  "server" can the server ?
>
> That's a bit problematic. It can be done through a config change in the same
> file that Ken pointed you to. However, then the person who logged in will have
> the same email address as the server name. This can be changed in the users
> profile, but is rather confusing.
>
> There is a feature in RoundCube that does a virtusertable lookup to match
> usernames and aliasses to the right domain. However, that feature either
> doesn't work right, or it's not well enough documented to make it work right.
>
> So the approach with the least hassles (for now) is to have users enter
> username, password and domain upon login.

Hi,

There is another option, try out my package of roundcube (not officially
production ready) which can be found at www.bluapp.com. Just register on
the website (most of it is in Swedish so far) and you'll be able to
download it from the support menu.

It will automatically add all users already on the BO box to it's mysql
system with correct site-addresses. It will also add users with the site
name when adding users to a vsite, and of-course delete them the same
way. Might not be the most beautiful why of handling it but... It works.

Suggestions for extension is welcome.

Ohh, it does work with the standard php already installed on the BO-box.

Regards,
--
Rickard Osser <rickard.osser at bluapp.com>
BluApp AB