[BlueOnyx:02650] Re: User names

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Thu Oct 15 12:35:07 -05 2009

Understandable.  But suppose you are a small company and the schema you used
in the past for adding new sites/users is changing?  Maybe you've bought out
a small web host and would like to fold their server into your existing
naming schema.  Hindsight is great, but my foresight sucks.

> All in all there is simply too much that can go wrong and that could break
> things. Hence it was left out of the original RaQ550 code and never added
> to the BlueQuartz or BlueOnyx code.

That's too bad, and also not a good reason really to do it, but for the
price I paid for BQ/BX, how can I complain? ;-)

> You see: Typically changing a username shouldn't be necessary. If the user
> doesn't like the email address he has, he can setup an alias. Any other
> reason and you're almost better off to simply create a new user and to
> delete the old one.

Well, except you then have to go back in and do all of the stuff mentioned
above by hand. <grin>

I guess I am spoiled by also doing daily maintenance on a Cpanel server and
have come to take the myriad of features for granted.