[BlueOnyx:02665] Re: Dfix question...

Greg Kuhnert greg.kuhnert at theanchoragesylvania.com
Fri Oct 16 22:03:03 -05 2009

Alan Kline wrote:
> My apologies if this is a bit OT, but I thought I could get an answer here:
>
> I installed Dfix on my BX box the other day. So far, so good.
>
> This morning, I changed my personal and admin passwords, after I found
> out that the computer I use at work had some spyware on it. Again, so
> far, so good.
>
> This afternoon when I get home, I get fumble-fingers trying to key in
> the new passwords, and apparently that was enough for Dfix to do its job
> and lock me out of my own server.
>
> Question: Is there a way to set up a "white list" so I won't do that again?

dfix uses the normal hosts.allow file.... but I am guessing you were
blocked by denyhosts - not dfix. It has a whitelist that can be created
called /usr/share/denyhosts/data/allowed-hosts

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
| <  o  > Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Check out our website for NuOnce module support.            |