[BlueOnyx:02684] Re: index directory of the site.

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Mon Oct 19 21:23:41 -05 2009

I don't think that will work Darrell.

He said the directory was at www.nameofsite.com/drupal6, not www.nameofsite.com/web/drupal6.  That would require Apache to be able to go up above the root directory of the website /web.  I don't think it can do that without modifying the Apache configuration.

You would have to modify the apache include file for that website.  Of course, that could be done by just changing the DocumentRoot line in the include file for that website (/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site##).  But fooling with those can have other side-effects.

Its easier and safer to move that drupal6 directory under the www.nameofsite.com/web/ directory and then put in a redirect file.  In the root of the /web directory, put in a index.php file like this:

<?php
header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location: http://www.nameofsite.com/drupal6");
?>

If you've got a non-standard index filename in your drupal6 directory, add it to the line like:
http://www.nameofsite.com/drupal6/non-standard-file-name.html.

Chuck